You are not logged in.

• Login
Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net | Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net

Dear visitor, welcome to Nitrado.net Prepaid Gameserver Community-Support - Archiv. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Silencefiction

User / Kunde

• "Silencefiction" started this thread

Friday, June 5th 2015, 4:07am

Arma 3 Server Custom Mission Not Working

I have uploaded my custom mission to the MPMissions folder, and the required mods to the main folder and the server is not showing up on the server's list and I cannot connect to it.
I changed the template = in the config file to: template = cox_patrol-ops-3-01-nato-EDIT.altis; and I have the mods parameters set correctly.
What have I done wrong?

EDIT:
So I got the server to show on the servers list and whenever I connect to it, it gets stuck on the loading screen.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Silencefiction" (Jun 5th 2015, 11:53pm)

KiloSwiss

ArmA Freidenker

• "KiloSwiss" is male

Saturday, June 6th 2015, 4:05pm

Check the .RPT Logs for error messages.
If You can't find any, check the RPT logs on the client.

» Meine Dateien (Arma3 & CSGO): Dropbox «

» Spenden für ein Bierchen: PayPal :beer: «

Silencefiction

User / Kunde

Saturday, June 6th 2015, 4:28pm

Check the .RPT Logs for error messages.
If You can't find any, check the RPT logs on the client.
I did and I can't seem to find any problems.
Link to RPT file: http://pastebin.com/LAMPrn4s

KiloSwiss

ArmA Freidenker

• "KiloSwiss" is male

Saturday, June 6th 2015, 4:41pm

#1.
Do not load clientside only mods like "Remove sway", "BlastCore" or "Blood mist" on the server!

#2.
As I wrote in my last posts (the one you quoted):
Check the client RPT for any errors.

#3.
Do not quote the last post, simply klick on "answer" or use the "Quick reply" window.

Silencefiction

User / Kunde

Saturday, June 6th 2015, 4:51pm

#1.
It works in my dedicated server.

#2.
I tried to look for the client RPT files but I didn't find them, can you indicate the path they are in?

KiloSwiss

ArmA Freidenker

• "KiloSwiss" is male

Saturday, June 6th 2015, 4:57pm

#1.
Just because it works, does not mean it's good.
There are Mods that must be on client and server, then there are serverside only mods and clientside only mods.
Even thou most clientside mods do no harm to the server, they can in fact cause instability of the server caused by incompatibility with other mods and/or create a unnecessary higher load.
It's just bad practice to slap every mod You run clientside also on the server, in most cases it's enough to have the *.bikey file in the "keys" folder to allow clients to connect with that mod loaded.

#2.
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files#Arma_3

Spoiler Spoiler

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Arma 3

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "KiloSwiss" (Jun 6th 2015, 5:08pm)

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Silencefiction (06.06.2015)

Silencefiction

User / Kunde

Saturday, June 6th 2015, 5:14pm

I understand, how can I tell what mod is server-sided and what mod is client sided?

KiloSwiss

ArmA Freidenker

• "KiloSwiss" is male

Saturday, June 6th 2015, 6:16pm

If a mod adds assets to the game (brings new classnames with it), or changes/overwrites the existing cfgFile values, it has to be on the server and ALL clients.
Examples:
- Terrains/Islands
- Buildings
- Vehicles
- Weapons
- total conversation mods
- Radio mods like TFAR (you can't communicate trough it with clients that do not have the mod AND it needs a TS server, but clients can connect and play without this mod loaded)

If the mod only has cosmetic changes, it is most probably a clientside mod and does not necessarily have to be loaded on every client connected to the same server.
Examples:
- Sounds and sound effects
- Explosion Effects/Particles/Tracers
- Texture replacements

Serverside only mods can be something like a serverside part of a mission, which does not have to be inside the mission file (.pbo) but instead gets loaded only on the server as a mod (like Altis Life) even thou it's not a real modification.
Or real mods for serverside stuff like Database connection, realtime sync, improved AI, etc.

Greez KiloSwiss

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "KiloSwiss" (Jun 6th 2015, 8:09pm)

Silencefiction (06.06.2015)

Silencefiction

User / Kunde

Saturday, June 6th 2015, 7:26pm

Thanks, I have learned new things :D
What about @Bullet_Hits_Value_vanilla? That's a mod that balances damage values of 5.56 weapons. It may be server-sided because damage values are not client-sided if im correct.

KiloSwiss

ArmA Freidenker

• "KiloSwiss" is male

Saturday, June 6th 2015, 7:38pm

You're welcome, it's a pity that Armaholic does not list the mods as client only, server only or client&server mods.

I'm not sure about the "Bullet_Hits_Value_vanilla" mod, but it seems this needs to run on every machine (including the server).

AFAIk if You shoot someone, the damage gets calculated by the client, sendt to the server and then propagated over the network to all clients.

Silencefiction

User / Kunde

Saturday, June 6th 2015, 8:38pm

What about ShackTac Fireteam HUD? I can't seem to figure out if it needs to be on the server too.

KiloSwiss

ArmA Freidenker

• "KiloSwiss" is male

Sunday, June 7th 2015, 5:49am

All the STUI (ShackTac UI) Mods are clientside only:
http://dslyecxi.com/shacktac_wp/shacktac-mods/

I use them too (at least some of them) and the server only needs the *.bikey files in the "keys" folder to allow clients to join with those mods loaded.

Greez KiloSwiss

Silencefiction (07.06.2015)

Silencefiction

User / Kunde

Sunday, June 7th 2015, 9:22am

Thanks, I realized what caused the crashes. It was the @alex_ais mod, its a C-RAM mod, for some reason it crashed the server, but now it works. After 4 days of renting the server I could finally play it.

Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net| Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net