You are not logged in.

• Login
Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net | Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net

Dear visitor, welcome to Nitrado.net Prepaid Gameserver Community-Support - Archiv. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wamba

User / Kunde

• "wamba" started this thread

Wednesday, July 13th 2016, 2:15am

Forced update?

Hello my Ark Server say that my Mod's needs to be forced update. But when I try to update it. (Stop the server, update the mod's, saved changes and restart the server.) the program say that he need to forced update the mod again. I try to do this again but nothing happends.

Is the anyone there who can help my white this one?

toolz

Nitrado Employee

• "toolz" is male

Wednesday, July 13th 2016, 8:49am

Hello my Ark Server say that my Mod's needs to be forced update. But when I try to update it. (Stop the server, update the mod's, saved changes and restart the server.) the program say that he need to forced update the mod again. I try to do this again but nothing happends.

Is the anyone there who can help my white this one?
Hello Wamba,
Thanks for sharing your concerns. I do believe there isnt anything wrong with yout server though. The force update button is available if a mod has gone corrupt, is only half installed or something else is wrong with the mod and there might be something wrong on our end. The Force Update button will force the old file to be removed and replaced by the current version. This is a choice if something is wrong, not a must like the blue Update Mod button. So its kind of the same like a refresh button. If you feel everything is ok, no Forced Update is needed :)
Should you have any other problem or concern, always feel free to contact us via a ticket as well. Its usually the fastest way to get an answe.
Greetz,

bsonposh

User / Kunde

Wednesday, July 13th 2016, 4:36pm

Hello Wamba,
Thanks for sharing your concerns. I do believe there isnt anything wrong with yout server though. The force update button is available if a mod has gone corrupt, is only half installed or something else is wrong with the mod and there might be something wrong on our end. The Force Update button will force the old file to be removed and replaced by the current version. This is a choice if something is wrong, not a must like the blue Update Mod button. So its kind of the same like a refresh button. If you feel everything is ok, no Forced Update is needed :)
Should you have any other problem or concern, always feel free to contact us via a ticket as well. Its usually the fastest way to get an answe.
Greetz,

Hi toolz,

My problem is that all my mods are in this state and when I try to update them they break. I tried this yesterday and ended up losing a lot of dinos and stuff.

Thoughts?

toolz

Nitrado Employee

• "toolz" is male

Wednesday, July 13th 2016, 4:44pm

Hello Wamba,
Greetz,

Hi toolz,

My problem is that all my mods are in this state and when I try to update them they break. I tried this yesterday and ended up losing a lot of dinos and stuff.

Thoughts?
the availablility to the button Force Update does not mean that there is something wrong. My bad. i explained it incorrect. I had to say: The force update button is used if a mod has gone corrupt, is only half installed or something else is wrong with the mod and there might be something wrong on our end.
So if all works well on your server, there is no need to press the button. Nothing to worry about at all. I have a server myself and havent had to use it ones. There was a case though that a user installed a mod and it didnt work, it turned out that the mod was downloading itself and the user pressed restart. The mod was more then half downloaded and installed but not fully, and the mod was therefor in the list but not working. After a Force Update the mod redownloaded itself and it started working again.
Your server seems to be online and i see no need to use the button for you, all mods seem to have downloaded correctly. If you have any problems with mods after tonights auto-restart, just write us a ticket and we'll gladly look into it to solve the issue.
Have fun gaming and greets :) ,

bsonposh

User / Kunde

Wednesday, July 13th 2016, 4:50pm

Thanks toolz.

The good news is I able to gain experience with "Start with Backup" option and all is well in the world.. just lost a little progress. :)

Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net| Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net