You are not logged in.

• Login
Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net | Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net

Vaiks

User / Kunde

• "Vaiks" started this thread

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 7:46am

Nitrado ALWAYS late with updates....

Any idea when you will let us update Ark to 255.5???????

The update is out since March 10th, restarted several times and the server is still in 255.4.

You always leave us behind, All other game server hosts already updated in the SAME DAY the patch was out!!!!!!!!!!!

renegade2k6

Nitrado Employee

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 7:40am

Usually it is within a couple of hours. We do this to ensure that the patch is stable.

If for some reason your server doesn't update, contact support, who will sort it for you.

Vaiks

User / Kunde

Sunday, March 26th 2017, 12:13am

I don't know if you even bothered to read my email but we are not talking about a couple of hours, the patch to 255.5 was not available 11 days after the release. And I restarted the server multiple times.

The same thing happens with ALL patches.

Bcaouette420

User / Kunde

Sunday, March 26th 2017, 4:34am

We have been waiting WAY over "a couple hours" for the latest patch..... so..... Its very clear that "Some" times Nitrado updates within a few hours... And Other times its a ridiculous amount of time- such as posted above. We are now waiting for 255.7 WHICH is suppose to help FIX some of the issues brought on by patch 255... A very NEEDED patch, and..... ............ still waiting...

Vaiks

User / Kunde

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 8:58am

Indeed. 255.7 should fix the vanishing dinos and nothing yet. Already restarted today and no update!

Vaiks

User / Kunde

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 2:29pm

Yay, we finally updated to 255.7! and only a couple of hours (4 days) after the release. But I guess missing dinos is not a big issue...

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Friday, March 31st 2017, 8:56pm

I am very satisfied that the patches are not applied the same day. I appreciate a host that watches to see how the patch goes. And even more so with .7 since it is not Retro.

.7 hasn't fully fixed the vanishing Dino's anyways. People are still loosing them. I do know in the last 6 months, many things have improved the chances of a Dino going poof. Personally, I have not lost a Dino in over 4 weeks and we have like a crapload tamed.

On a side note, not sure if this will work for all, but several of us game admins have been doing this to our servers in an event a dino goes poof:
We shut down the server, and restore from the last backup before the filesize had changed. We have been able to restore 100% of any missing Dino this way. Unfortunately this will not work with a server that has players 24x7.
We've finally told folks basically in an event a Dino is reported poof, the server maintenance is between this time of xx to xx. Nothing will be saved during that time. Worked for multiple servers for us.
.:Nitrado Forum Volunteer:.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
(250+ Atlas hrs, 3000+ ARK hrs, 200+ Conan hrs)
Server hosting, Config edits, Player/Gamer
Steam: CyberGameZone
Owner/Founder of CyberGameZone / CyberGameZone.com
CyberGameZone est. yr2000
**Nitrado Partner**

Vaiks

User / Kunde

Saturday, April 1st 2017, 3:44am

The decision to update is the server's admin to make, not the hosting company. I choose if I will take the chances with an update or nothing. Whenever there is a delay on Nitrado's side, players leave the server an move to an up to date.

It's 21:45 EDT now on March 31st. Officials already update and my other server at HH too. Nothing here and ppl want the new content.

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Saturday, April 1st 2017, 4:23am

(I am assuming you meant to say, that should be up to the server admin).

My response is a technical answer.
Depends on which hosting company you are with.
Cause I have no way of updating mine. I reboot and no change, so I created a support ticket recently. Host said they apply when they are ready and appears stable.

My ticket "

By: Nitrado Support, 03/17/17, 08:14 am

Hello xxx,

Thank you for your support request.

You're not doing anything wrong, we haven't pushed that update out. It was
extremely tiny and fixed 2 things, so rather than restart (all) servers to
apply a tiny update and boot everyone off, we typically wait until server
population drops drastically, or a more important update is released.

Your server would automatically restart and have the update applied when we do
push out the next update."

although I admit, I'd love to play this massive update. But I support and agree with the process here. I rather be safe than sorry.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

Vaiks

User / Kunde

Saturday, April 1st 2017, 6:02am

Well, that's really sad. officials are on 256.11 already and I just transferred the savegame from here to Host Havoc (256.11 over there too). I'm not in the mood to lose players and ppl want to play the new content.

As I said, it's my decision to make, not Nitrado's.

MrTastix

User / Kunde

Saturday, April 1st 2017, 6:02am

The problem with waiting is that Steam forces ARK to update, which means you can't play on the server you pay for.

I now have the 256 patch installed. I can't go back to an older version, and I couldn't stop the download and play anyway. So now I'm stuck with the new version but can't login to my server, and that's why we should be able to force update ourselves.

Jerryn

User / Kunde

Saturday, April 1st 2017, 6:22am

Yeah, would like to try it out also, but our 3 servers are still on 255.7; even restarted 1 hoping it would update. I think I am going to set up our 4th somewhere else, since it is not going to be linked to the other 3 by Cross Ark.

Bcaouette420

User / Kunde

Saturday, April 1st 2017, 6:55am

first, our servers updated by nitrado and said they were still at 255.7- NOW they are saying theyre at 256.11 - Where is 256.2? werent we waitng all this time for 265.2? or is there no .2 - is it .11 that is the latest mini patch?

Nitrado is good for servers with low population, no mods and that wipe every other week. Our server runs just fine with our mods mon-fri (as long as more than 20 ppl do not join- once we have 21 ppl + server does not run well at all!) and never works well sat-sun. BUT somehow works just fine mon-fri.... hmmm... these must be some magical mods! But it "must" be the mods and the fact we only wipe every couple months not a couple times every month (as Nitrado "support" has told us)

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Bcaouette420" (Apr 1st 2017, 7:07am) with the following reason: to edit.....? why ekse....

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Saturday, April 1st 2017, 7:43am

Woohoo, in this case they jumped from 256 to 256.1. I am glad too...

Released - March 31, 2017

• Fixed a common server crash associated with harvesting. Servers should urgently upgrade to this version to avoid crashes! <----"Oh Boy! not good." -doa
  • Fixed not being able to craft Tributes, and not being able to "Transfer All" from Supply Crates.
@ those asking the versions. We were all waiting for 256.

Because there was an issue already it went to 256.1 per WC. But we may see it as 256.11 somewhere. WC is getting better at the versioning. I doubt in the future will go from 256.1 and create a 256.11. Now that would be mean. They would at least create number 256.2 first we hope. Sometimes they get crazy and jump like 256.1 to 256.88. I stare too much at their wiki. lol

pfft- after typing this post, WC (not the wiki, but the ARK Network says 256.12)

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "DOAGEN" (Apr 1st 2017, 7:50am)

Vaiks

User / Kunde

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 4:01am

Already at 256.21 elsewhere and nothing from Nitrado. Important fixes to the new UI, weight on flyers, etc... when??????

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Monday, April 3rd 2017, 5:56pm

Not sure why but the latest release now is 256.23 from WC, but by server here says 256.24.
I just cant wait until they reverse their NERFING thing. ARG. ARK sucks now.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

Vaiks

User / Kunde

Saturday, April 15th 2017, 5:37pm

Well, easter event started for Ark, but not on Nitrado (as always), but who wants to play on those stupid events anyway....

Cybo

User / Kunde

• "Cybo" is male

Saturday, April 15th 2017, 9:45pm

Well, easter event started for Ark, but not on Nitrado (as always), but who wants to play on those stupid events anyway....
Me!
So I'd like to know when we'll get 256.4...
GERassic P-Ark (Ark: Survival Evolved - The Island)
GERassic Desert (Ark: Survival Evolved - Scorched Earth)
GERassic Ragnarok (Ark: Survival Evolved - Ragnarok)
GERassic Aberration (Ark: Survival Evolved - Center)

l3ully

User / Kunde

Saturday, April 15th 2017, 10:29pm

I too want to know when the servers are getting the update. Nitrado have already updated the official servers. I have opened a support ticket and all I get is "your server is already up to date and will be updated when the next one is released" 256.4 has been released but my server is still on 256.32 !!! If they can't do it on release in a timely manner I may have to cancel and switch providers.

l3ully

User / Kunde

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 10:48am

So the servers are now on v256.5 when will Nitrado update our servers ??

Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net| Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net