You are not logged in.

• Login
Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net | Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net

Dear visitor, welcome to Nitrado.net Prepaid Gameserver Community-Support - Archiv. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jerryn

User / Kunde

• "Jerryn" started this thread

Saturday, August 19th 2017, 5:21pm

Destroy Wild Dino option

What happened to the Destroy WIld Dino option?

Sometimes, when changing spawn configurations, I like to have that option to clear the dinos, as doing so while logged into some maps will just get you DCed. That then is a waste of time if you are running mods, you have to log in again, which means all of the mods have to reload.

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Saturday, August 19th 2017, 7:37pm

It's still there, under Gameplay a bit down...
"Destroy all wild creatures
ForceRespawnDinos" type="checkbox">
Adds the option -ForceRespawnDinos to the command
line for the next server start. Recommended for the first launch of a
v216.x savegame. Tamed dinos are not affected."

I never really believed that worked so I had just reconnected and ran the command. ;)
.:Nitrado Forum Volunteer:.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
(250+ Atlas hrs, 3000+ ARK hrs, 200+ Conan hrs)
Server hosting, Config edits, Player/Gamer
Steam: CyberGameZone
Owner/Founder of CyberGameZone / CyberGameZone.com
CyberGameZone est. yr2000
**Nitrado Partner**

Jerryn

User / Kunde

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 3:54am

ForceRespawnDinos

Just to note, we run with Expert settings turned on. I have not, and will not, experiment with turning that on and off. Are you running with Expert mode turned on?

So, somehow, your control panel is different from mine, because I do not see that option. I had also done a searched on the word Dino, after scanning the page. I also did a search on all of the General panels for our 5 servers on Dino and Destroy. Nothing close comes up for that any longer. Even did a search on respawn and only get one match, which is related to diseases.

I even checked the other Setting panels, including Expert Settings, which I normally do not use for changing my .ini files as I prefer to use FTP and UltraStudio.

Now, as for that setting, it has always worked for me, any time I knew I wanted to clear the wild spawns and I needed to do a restart(such as coding new configs); otherwise I would use the Admin command. And, the latest version of the command should no longer wipe animals that are currently being tamed.

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 5:21am

No, I do not run with expert settings. I leave UI as is. If I need to make custom changes, I will just do it the old fashion way via notepad++ through ftp.

And yes, awesome on the new destroywild command and not affecting tames. :)
.:Nitrado Forum Volunteer:.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
(250+ Atlas hrs, 3000+ ARK hrs, 200+ Conan hrs)
Server hosting, Config edits, Player/Gamer
Steam: CyberGameZone
Owner/Founder of CyberGameZone / CyberGameZone.com
CyberGameZone est. yr2000
**Nitrado Partner**

User / Kunde

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 7:21pm

From what i can see with turning on expert mode the interface changes and options like admin password change destroy wild dinos seem to be now gone.i had to change mine directly in the gameusersettings.ini.It would be nice if Nitrado could confirm this is the way it needs to be done when using those settings

Jerryn

User / Kunde

Tuesday, August 22nd 2017, 3:44pm

From what i can see with turning on expert mode the interface changes and options like admin password change destroy wild dinos seem to be now gone.i had to change mine directly in the gameusersettings.ini.It would be nice if Nitrado could confirm this is the way it needs to be done when using those settings

Since this option is apparently still available in the non-expert view and it is normally a run once and discard parameter, I would not think it would be part of the .ini settings; would make doing a quick restart a pain because you would have to stop the server, wait, add the forced respawn command, save, restart, stop, wait, remove the forced respawn command, save, and restart. Otherwise, the command would be left in the .ini file and would run every time the server restarts, and I would not want that; I sometimes track a tame for a few days until I am ready to nab it and would not want it to poof because of a mod update or a small patch.

Now, the new options that allow you to setup automatic respawns would be in the .ini, as that makes sense.

AntDroid

User / Kunde

Friday, August 25th 2017, 1:23am

It would be nice to have a answer to why the destroy wild dino option is gone.

Jerryn

User / Kunde

Monday, September 4th 2017, 7:39am

It would be nice to have a answer to why the destroy wild dino option is gone.

Yes, it would be nice.

Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net| Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net