You are not logged in.

• Login
Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net | Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net

Dear visitor, welcome to Nitrado.net Prepaid Gameserver Community-Support - Archiv. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ElderDrake

User / Kunde

• "ElderDrake" started this thread

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 2:54am

Question regarding upgrading Xbox server

Hi,

I currently have a 10 slot Xbox server rented for ARK and I am would like to maybe add a bit more RAM and/or pay for CPU priority, SSD, or the like. The question is where do I see options to do this as my account page does not list them when I look at the server (not the Web Interface but the actual account and via pc). I am curious to know also if I upgrade to say 20 player max, does this increase RAM (from say the 10 player server option) itself for that service or does it remain the same? Last question I have is do we have access to game world files themselves or has Microsoft also locked those down from users as I have read Sony has for PS4 players? I would like to be able to go in and access things via FTP to backup worlds and the like but I anticipate this is a not a realistic thing and can only be accomplished via some automatic backup setting somewhere? Thank you in advance for any advice, help, tips, and happy gaming.

ElderDrake

User / Kunde

Monday, November 13th 2017, 4:12pm

Bump.

Also receiving pms from staff in German, Google translate is butchering it, please send in English.

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Monday, November 13th 2017, 7:07pm

Good Day,

I am responding to your FTP/INI File inquiry question...

Unfortunately at this time Microsoft & WC has not granted access to these areas nor not sure if they will.

The access we have can be only found in the Web Interface which is access to the INI files through a GUI. You can also go to arkse/engine-settings and use expert, or add to the ini here.

At this time we are unable to use FTP to change the ini files traditionally.

And as for backups, the only backups are Nitrado's. It looks like they run about every 2hrs. I do see one of mine skipping one and was 3hr backup. You can also reinstall from the gui as well.

I hope this helps.
.:Nitrado Forum Volunteer:.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
(250+ Atlas hrs, 3000+ ARK hrs, 200+ Conan hrs)
Server hosting, Config edits, Player/Gamer
Steam: CyberGameZone
Owner/Founder of CyberGameZone / CyberGameZone.com
CyberGameZone est. yr2000
**Nitrado Partner**

ElderDrake

User / Kunde

Tuesday, November 14th 2017, 11:16pm

Good Day,

I am responding to your FTP/INI File inquiry question...

Unfortunately at this time Microsoft & WC has not granted access to these areas nor not sure if they will.

The access we have can be only found in the Web Interface which is access to the INI files through a GUI. You can also go to arkse/engine-settings and use expert, or add to the ini here.

At this time we are unable to use FTP to change the ini files traditionally.

And as for backups, the only backups are Nitrado's. It looks like they run about every 2hrs. I do see one of mine skipping one and was 3hr backup. You can also reinstall from the gui as well.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the response, anything about upgrading my service? SSD, more RAM, CPU priority, and the like? If I upgrade to 20 slots will more resources be added to my server? Thank you for any replies and help.

ElderDrake

User / Kunde

Sunday, November 19th 2017, 9:35pm

Bump

?

BelowDust

User / Kunde

Thursday, November 23rd 2017, 11:06pm

As far as upgrading is concerned Nitrado had released a statement saying that ark will not need any of that as ark gets all its resources automatically. So there is no need to upgrading anything in terms of hardware. So even if you wanted to upgrade for more slots you wouldn't need to upgrade the hardware.

Thank you for the response, anything about upgrading my service? SSD, more RAM, CPU priority, and the like? If I upgrade to 20 slots will more resources be added to my server? Thank you for any replies and help.

ElderDrake

User / Kunde

Sunday, November 26th 2017, 1:40am

Quoted from "ElderDrake"

As far as upgrading is concerned Nitrado had released a statement saying that ark will not need any of that as ark gets all its resources automatically. So there is no need to upgrading anything in terms of hardware. So even if you wanted to upgrade for more slots you wouldn't need to upgrade the hardware.

Quoted from "ElderDrake"

Hi thank you for the reply but you quoted me as replying an answer to my own question, I am assuming that was you answering? A SSD and extra resources or CPU priority does absolutely impact server performance. If I was to upgrade to 20 slots max, with a 10 slot resource allotment, it would suck if I hit 20 concurrent players. Will Nitrado be allowing us to upgrade our servers for the Xbox One? Will you also allow us access to backups of our worlds even?

BelowDust

User / Kunde

Sunday, November 26th 2017, 2:30am

Quoted from "ElderDrake"

Quoted from "ElderDrake"

Hi thank you for the reply but you quoted me as replying an answer to my own question, I am assuming that was you answering? A SSD and extra resources or CPU priority does absolutely impact server performance. If I was to upgrade to 20 slots max, with a 10 slot resource allotment, it would suck if I hit 20 concurrent players. Will Nitrado be allowing us to upgrade our servers for the Xbox One? Will you also allow us access to backups of our worlds even?
Yeah that was me. I'm still trying to get a hang of this messaging system. Tried to edit it and gave up. And as far as backups are concerned don't they allow us to do so by accessing the server via FTP?

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Tuesday, November 28th 2017, 7:19pm

Access to the files is a WC/Microsoft thing.

As for the increase to hardware as it was explained to me: The HW is monitored , and HW will be added as needed. You may want to submit a support ticket asking them direct.
.:Nitrado Forum Volunteer:.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
(250+ Atlas hrs, 3000+ ARK hrs, 200+ Conan hrs)
Server hosting, Config edits, Player/Gamer
Steam: CyberGameZone
Owner/Founder of CyberGameZone / CyberGameZone.com
CyberGameZone est. yr2000
**Nitrado Partner**

Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net| Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net