You are not logged in.

• Login
Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net | Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net

Dear visitor, welcome to Nitrado.net Prepaid Gameserver Community-Support - Archiv. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

edog1202

User / Kunde

• "edog1202" started this thread

Tuesday, November 28th 2017, 1:11am

xbox one and windows 10 crossplay nitrado

hello, assuming we actually get crossplay on 12/12 like wildcard says, i am going to rent a server for my friends on xbox and on pc to play together. i have not seen too much info on these servers and when i look at server prices i am not sure if the servers i am looking at will be crossplay. is there anywhere i can read more about this? is this something i should be buying now so that it is ready to go on the 12th? are there different prices for crossplay servers?

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Tuesday, November 28th 2017, 6:23am

Last time I heard them stating crossplay was when the game was released and it never happened. I have no info myself if they are or not.
But in reality if they do it will be so unfair to console players. I've played ARK on both platforms, and PC is by far superior. Of course only my opinion.
.:Nitrado Forum Volunteer:.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
(250+ Atlas hrs, 3000+ ARK hrs, 200+ Conan hrs)
Server hosting, Config edits, Player/Gamer
Steam: CyberGameZone
Owner/Founder of CyberGameZone / CyberGameZone.com
CyberGameZone est. yr2000
**Nitrado Partner**

Raxant

User / Kunde

Tuesday, November 28th 2017, 12:23pm

Take this with a pinch of salt, but I remember reading that servers will be given an option to essentially tick a box that allows crossplay to happen.
If you check the official site, they have it on one of the posts thats on the main page i believe

edog1202

User / Kunde

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 5:30pm

i called nitrado and they literally knew nothing lmfao. how is there that little communication between wildcard and nitrado when this function is supposed to be live in 2 weeks? it literally says on wildcard's website that it is expected to launch on 12/12, and like Raxant said, that you will be able to tick a box to make the server be crossplay, and yet when i called nitrado looking for info in regard to this, they could not tell me ANYTHING. how freaking USELESS! I am not interested in renting unless i can do crossplay with my friends on xbox while i am on pc, and i have so many questions i want to ask and it is impossible to get the info...

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 8:04pm

Well, to be fair: Crossplay is a Wildcard and Microsoft thing. I am sure at some point they will contact Nitrado along with all their partnerships to discuss the details. As far as we all know, they could be talking right now. Many times while discussions might be going on, the business wants to make 100% sure the info that is available and released is accurate. I am only assuming all of this cause typically this is what happens in the industry. I am 100% confident when Nitrado or the single person you talked with will have more information very soon. WC had announced 'crossplay' some time ago with a previous release and it was not released. Let's hope this time it it, and all are aware or the info is available.

;)

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

edog1202

User / Kunde

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 8:06pm

well i wanted to speak to nitrado because i want to make sure i have a server lined up for the day that the release is supposed to be (december 12) but they simply cannot provide me with enough details right now. i don't want december 12th to come around and then i try to get a server and there are none. based on the reading that i have done, a lot of people have had to do pre-orders for their server. but at this point, i don't know if i should be ordering an xbox or a pc server...

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 8:13pm

I am not an employee of Nitrado.

As soon as I find or learn of details, I will update this post unless someone else does. You have every right wanting to know something.

Some personal advice: Do the PC Server. PC server has things like : FTP access for file downloads and uploads is the big one. Also atm, ONLY PC server ARK supports MODs. I am wondering how is that going to work of a PC Server with MODs has crossplay enabled, the friends on Xbox be able to connect? Weird if it works. I just went to the actual http://www.studiowildcard.com/ and nothing posted about crossplay. At https://ark.gamepedia.com/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Wiki I also see no reference to this, not even a future PC release besides the DLC. At https://survivetheark.com/ all the news shows nothing but new DLC info. And went back at least 50 tweets: still find nothing about crossplay.

That could be part of the problem- the average player of the game visiting these sites see's nothing.

When I know something, I'll post. Thank you.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

edog1202

User / Kunde

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 8:16pm

i appreciate the help.

here is a link to where they say crossplay will be live on december 12th:
https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/art…ck-friday-r605/

thanks again!

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 8:20pm

Thx for the link-

found it, tucked towards the bottom and wow not very much detailed info
"

Xbox Play Anywhere

In addition to the Aberration update, barring any cert issues, Xbox
will receive the Play Anywhere update on December 12th. This update will
allow crossplay between the Windows 10 version of ARK and the Xbox
version. Survivors will be able to choose to allow crossplay on their
unofficial servers or non-dedicated sessions with a simple checkbox on
the host menu. "
Hmm.
I will ask around with my contacts at Nitrado for public info. Hang in there. :)

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

edog1202

User / Kunde

Wednesday, November 29th 2017, 8:29pm

much appreciated! i have been asking a lot of questions for wildcard, but you know how shotty their customer service is ;)

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Tuesday, December 5th 2017, 12:42am

Hello.
I didn't forget about you nor the question. I just haven't found anyone with more details atm.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Tuesday, December 12th 2017, 4:50pm

On WC Twitter it is mentioned CrossPlay releases this Thursday. And someone mentioned if you own say the xbox version, you auto own the PC version on Win10.
This is all I have seen about CrossPlay.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

edog1202

User / Kunde

Tuesday, December 12th 2017, 6:15pm

thanks for the update! last thing i need to know is what kind of server i need to rent from nitrado. i will be calling them later today to try and get answers. i am assuming it is an xbox server that i need to rent for crossplay, but i will get confirmation if i can. if and when i find out i will post here for others. if anyone else finds the answer please post here.

thanks again for the help!

EDIT: got the following response from nitrado on twitter. picture below
edog1202 has attached the following file:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "edog1202" (Dec 12th 2017, 7:47pm) with the following reason: you won't let me post consecutive times

Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net| Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net