You are not logged in.

• Login
Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net | Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net

Dear visitor, welcome to Nitrado.net Prepaid Gameserver Community-Support - Archiv. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dancemagicdance

User / Kunde

• "dancemagicdance" started this thread

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 8:53pm

Can't change server settings

Hello, I have seen a few threads about similar issues but none have a resolution.

My problem is that after changing maps today (Aberration to The Island), no setting changes are working - I am trying to change the MOTD and XP/Harvest/Tame multipliers. This is something I have done multiple times before with no issues, including after a map change.

So far I have stopped the server, changed the settings in the settings panel, saved and restarted multiple times including keeping the server down for 5-10 minutes a few times. I have also enabled expert mode and edited the settings in there, and changed them via FTP. Each time when I load into the game the MOTD is still the old one and the multipliers are showing as the old ones in the adminmanager screen in game.

Not sure what has gone wrong but is there a way to fix this? I would rather be changing them in the normal settings panel rather than have to mess about in ini files etc for something that should be straightforward.

Thanks in advance! :)

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 9:35pm

Well, as soon as you enabled expert mode, you pretty much killed the function of editing in the web, and ftp. Its either or, but not both.

So you probably should do this to get you back to the normal.
(1) disable expert mode.
(2) STOP server
(3) wait 15m for server to stop. (note: you will see it down before then, but backend process still run.).
(4) Do your test in the MOTD now, then click save.
(5) restart server.

If you need to add lines of code to your ini, use the line blank under the engine setting tab on the web interface towards the bottom. "Custom Game.ini Settings"

You really only need to enable expert if you want to edit the ini for everything.

This should get you back to a base with the ini file. It has for me cause I've done what you have done in the past.
.:Nitrado Forum Volunteer:.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
(250+ Atlas hrs, 3000+ ARK hrs, 200+ Conan hrs)
Server hosting, Config edits, Player/Gamer
Steam: CyberGameZone
Owner/Founder of CyberGameZone / CyberGameZone.com
CyberGameZone est. yr2000
**Nitrado Partner**

dancemagicdance

User / Kunde

• "dancemagicdance" started this thread

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 11:44pm

Thanks for your response - your instructions sound like what I've been doing all along but I followed them to the letter(apart from I waited 20 mins after stopping the server) and had the same issue as before.
To expand on why I tried expert mode/FTP - I first tried just editing on the web multiple times, including stopping for over 15 mins. When that didn't work I turned to expert mode, when that didn't work I tried FTP with expert mode off, then on, still no joy. I'm only changing very basic things, I don't want to touch the inis or FTP, they were just the next logical steps when the usual method didn't work after a lot of trying. Strangely changing the restart cooldown worked first try but none of the other settings saved at the same time worked.

When I go to edit on the web my new settings are shown even after restart, and any changes I am making are showing in the event log, they just don't translate to the game.

Is there a quick way to wipe it all back to default(settings/map/everything) or do I have to reinstall ark?

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Wednesday, February 7th 2018, 4:51am

Well, if you dont mind starting over you can do a server wipe.
If you had saved the profile, you could have done that, but many arent aware that exists. you do now. :)

You could try this...I have done this myself and it worked. Not sure if its recommended though.
back up the ini file to your pc using ftp.
Shut down the server, wait 15m.
Delete the ini file.
Reboot server.
I have had the server install the original ini once.
.:Nitrado Forum Volunteer:.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
(250+ Atlas hrs, 3000+ ARK hrs, 200+ Conan hrs)
Server hosting, Config edits, Player/Gamer
Steam: CyberGameZone
Owner/Founder of CyberGameZone / CyberGameZone.com
CyberGameZone est. yr2000
**Nitrado Partner**

Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net| Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net