You are not logged in.

• Login
Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net | Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net

Dear visitor, welcome to Nitrado.net Prepaid Gameserver Community-Support - Archiv. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Fredan17

User / Kunde

• "Fredan17" started this thread

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 5:03pm

Dino lvl bugged??

I'm wondering if there is an option to limit the levels of wild dino spawns. I recently started a new server and it' s been working great just that i can't get down the levels of the wild dinos that spawns. I had it on the normal value, 0.5 as a start but then i never found any high leveled dinos, so i raised it and and used "settimeofday" so i could skip forward the days, as i heard that it will spawn more high level dinos as you get later in the game. I then joined the server with lvl 300 dinos and i just want back the regular 120lvl animals. I then lowered the difficulty with no overrides to 1.0, and with the "Destroy all wild creatures" command. But i still get lvl300 dinos.

I've reapeted this process multiple times with no luck. Does anyone know how to fix this?

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 5:14pm

The easiest way to accomplish what you are asking without making custom changes in your ini is through the web interface and change:
Difficulty Offset

Default appears is .5. As you increase that, the dino max lvls will increase. If you go to the ARK Wiki it will give you an exact formula, and even searching the forums here.
You can leave: Override official difficulty 0
I do not make any changes to "settimeofday"

Then in the same screen search for:
Destroy all wild creatures
<check this>
Save
Reboot Server

The server will reboot and do a dino wipe.
I've been doing the above for over a year and that is how I control the level of dino. I run Eternal MOD with the setting at 2.0. Any server not with Eternal MOD, I set at 1.0. .5 makes really low dinos.
You were still getting lvl 300 because of the "settimeofday". Change that back to what it was.

Someone else may explain it differently and I encourage that. I'm only providing how I do what you are trying to accomplish. Thanks.
.:Nitrado Forum Volunteer:.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
(250+ Atlas hrs, 3000+ ARK hrs, 200+ Conan hrs)
Server hosting, Config edits, Player/Gamer
Steam: CyberGameZone
Owner/Founder of CyberGameZone / CyberGameZone.com
CyberGameZone est. yr2000
**Nitrado Partner**

Fredan17

User / Kunde

Sunday, February 11th 2018, 11:17am

Thanks for your answer, the only problem is that I dont know how to turn the time back. If i type "settimeofday 00:06:30" for example it only makes the in-game day count go forward in time. Do you know how to set back the time? I don't want to use a save from that time since i dont want to level up and build up everything again.

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Sunday, February 11th 2018, 9:14pm

You are not able to 'turn back the clock' persay. You may have to roll back.
The only setting is the settimeofday whatever time you want. Since you said you ad set 6:30, if you say set 5:30, it does not roll time back. It simply sets the time and moves forward.

Here is a thread with a little detail.
https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/for…-admin-command/

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Sunday, February 11th 2018, 9:16pm

If it was me...

I would do a back up.
Then go in server settings and set the wild dino wipe, then reboot the server. This will respawn dinos correctly on your correct server settings (im assuming you already fixed the server settings).

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

Fredan17

User / Kunde

Monday, February 12th 2018, 8:49pm

Will that keep all my progress on the server? Or does that backup go back in the time before i set forward the day cause i've build quite some things and don't want to lose it. Thanks for your help btw :)

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Monday, February 12th 2018, 9:16pm

I would correct the server settings, then reboot, dinowipe, maybe reboot again first. This will not affect your progress.
If that works, then you are good to go.

If it fails, you will need to correct the server setting, same process and restore an old backup. Most of the things are saved in the tribe and users profile ie: dinos.
But structures may roll back. Its a risk you will have to weigh.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net| Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net