You are not logged in.

• Login
Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net | Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net

Dear visitor, welcome to Nitrado.net Prepaid Gameserver Community-Support - Archiv. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rochiro1986

User / Kunde

• "Rochiro1986" started this thread

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 2:28pm

All Ark Server settings i save wont stay how i changed it?

Hi , everytime i change my settings of my Ark server and save it and DOUBLE check that its saved i go back ingame and after i see that the settings stayed the same before my setting changes? I want to change the OB settings so i can upload and download dino's in my server, before i had it so people could not download stuff in my server, but everytime i change these settings :

PreventDownloadSurvivors=True
PreventDownloadItems=True
PreventDownloadDinos=True
PreventUploadSurvivors=True
PreventUploadItems=True
PreventUploadDinos=True

In these Settings :

PreventDownloadSurvivors=False
PreventDownloadItems=False
PreventDownloadDinos=False
PreventUploadSurvivors=False
PreventUploadItems=False
PreventUploadDinos=False

AND i SAVE after and restart the server , it changed back in TRUE?

NOTE : i ones had a cross Ark with someone but i Quit that , is that why it wont work anymore? Its only with the OB settings , other changes stay how i save them?

Can anyone Help please , because i have this problem for a while now..

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 5:25pm

In case you did not know, you can check the boxes in your Web UI to enable/disable those very settings.

however if you need and want to edit the ini file directly, you can do it of 4 ways technically:
(1) btw- this comes with a risk... and not recommend but if I dont share it, someone here will.
"engine-settings" Scroll to the bottom and you can put your code there. BUT based on the commands you are trying to set, by placing duplicates, the ini will be confused so it wont know if you have true or false set. I have already tested this over and over with some other settings. Enter data, save, restart server.

(2) Web UI. And the #1 recommendation. Click on CrossARK in your web UI. All the CrossARK settings will be there. Including the box to 'enable'. So many folks just click on the check boxes below. You have to click the CrossARK one as well. Enter data, save, restart server.

(3) Stop server, WAIT 15m (several backend processes need to shutdown). If you do not wait for the server to shut down all processes, during its restart it may default back to the old ini. js
Use an FTP app like filezilla and go edit your ini file say with notepad++. Upload back to server. Restart server.

(4)
Go to General settings, click on Expert Mode. This way you can enter all your ini stuff through a web UI. Personally I stopped using this. Reason: You would think if you enabled, and went back to disable the same ini file would not be changed, but for a fact it does. I have done line by line comparism enabling and disabling. Enter data, save, restart server.

Someone can reply with deeper details. I didnt since there are already forum posts that get deeper in the details. I was only scratching the surface to get you started. Hope this helps.
.:Nitrado Forum Volunteer:.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
(250+ Atlas hrs, 3000+ ARK hrs, 200+ Conan hrs)
Server hosting, Config edits, Player/Gamer
Steam: CyberGameZone
Owner/Founder of CyberGameZone / CyberGameZone.com
CyberGameZone est. yr2000
**Nitrado Partner**

Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net| Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net