You are not logged in.

• Login
Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net | Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net

Dear visitor, welcome to Nitrado.net Prepaid Gameserver Community-Support - Archiv. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Whitestar333

User / Kunde

• "Whitestar333" started this thread

Sunday, November 25th 2018, 2:56am

Server restart loop after backup

So I logged into my server to find that a lot of crafted items and blueprints just... disappeared. Really strange. Everything was intact and totally normal but anything that was crafted (weapons, armor, ammo, even materials like sparkpowder and electronics) completely vanished. Entire bins of sparkpowder were empty.

"Okay, that's weird", I thought. Fortunately, Nitrado has an option to restore backups! So I decided to restore the server to a time when I knew everything was working, roughly 48 hours ago. Turns out, I "restored" the backup and then the server got stuck in a loop where it would just keep restarting. I've tried backup after backup with no success - the server keeps restarting. I've tried forcing the server to stop for 20 minutes but even after that, the restart loop continues. I will try one last backup file but I'm not optimistic.

What is the point of having the option to restore backup saves if this kind of thing happens? I find it really hard to believe that all of these files were corrupted when I was able to log-in a couple hours ago and even this morning. This is incredibly frustrating when restoring a backup state should be the easiest and least stressful option.

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Sunday, November 25th 2018, 3:46am

Sorry that you are having issues.

If you need assistance from Nitrado Support, you will need to submit a ticket or call them.
Here is the link: https://server.nitrado.net/usa/tickets/add

fyi- doing a restore from backup can take a bit. Refresh your page and eventually it will clear. If it is a PC Server you have much fresher files by using FTP/Filezilla and doing a long way of restoring.
Also note: some times when you do a restore, the IP does change. So keep that in mind.
.:Nitrado Forum Volunteer:.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
(250+ Atlas hrs, 3000+ ARK hrs, 200+ Conan hrs)
Server hosting, Config edits, Player/Gamer
Steam: CyberGameZone
Owner/Founder of CyberGameZone / CyberGameZone.com
CyberGameZone est. yr2000
**Nitrado Partner**

Whitestar333

User / Kunde

Sunday, November 25th 2018, 1:33pm

I filled out a support ticket shortly after the problem started but still no official response. I tried everything I could think of and even let the cycle go overnight. The servers eventually just stopped.

Again, what's frustrating about this is that I was trying to restore a backup. That's it. This is for an Xbox server. I wasn't trying to install any mods or do anything fancy, I just wanted to restore a backup save. What's most frustrating is the feeling of helplessness and the fact that the server is just completely down and there's nothing I can do about it.

Edit: it's been over 12 hours without a response. Worst service. Will definitely not renew these servers. I've never had a problem with service until now and I'm very disappointed.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Whitestar333" (Nov 25th 2018, 3:49pm)

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Sunday, November 25th 2018, 10:58pm

sorry that you are having issues. The support link also has a number-
https://server.nitrado.net/usa/tickets/add

Be aware it is the weekend, and more its a holiday weekend. Most tickets are picked up pretty quick, but I have heard a day or 2.

Some folks have reported when restoring a backup, prim+ got checked. Check that.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

Whitestar333

User / Kunde

Monday, November 26th 2018, 12:01am

Someone finally got back to me after I messaged them on facebook but all they did was perform a backup and restart and it did the same thing I've been dealing with and I haven't heard anything since.

Thanks for the suggestion but it looks like Prim+ remained unchecked. I'm gonna try unchecking crossplay on a hunch but I doubt that will make a difference.

I understand that it's a holiday weekend and that's why it's so frustrating - I would have liked to play on my vacation but it looks like that's not gonna happen.

Thanks anyway and sorry for being so salty.

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Monday, November 26th 2018, 12:09am

No worries. I understand.

Wish I could help more. Us in the forums just do not have access to fix things.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

Whitestar333

User / Kunde

Monday, November 26th 2018, 8:26pm

So one of my servers got fixed randomly. Wasn't even addressed by support. I just restarted it randomly and it started working. Support came in to congratulate me on getting it working but ignored the fact that I have another ticket open on another server. This was 4 hours ago and my 2nd server has been offline for almost 48 hours at this point.

This is atrocious. The least they can do is add the missing time onto my rental.

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Monday, November 26th 2018, 11:36pm

when they assist you, it doesnt hurt to ask that very thing. ;)

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net| Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net