You are not logged in.

• Login
Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net | Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net

Dear visitor, welcome to Nitrado.net Prepaid Gameserver Community-Support - Archiv. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

aawolf

User / Kunde

• "aawolf" started this thread

Tuesday, August 18th 2015, 7:14pm

adding mods to a ark server

Hi,
im trying to add a mod to my new server purchased today but i can not get the server to activate the mod.

here is a screenshot attached.. please tell me what im doing wrong

the server shows that vanilla sprinkles is a active mod as you can see in the screenshot but its not active when i start the game....plz help ive been trying for hours now :(

thanks for your help in advance
aawolf has attached the following file:
  • ark server.jpg (333.69 kB - 191 times downloaded - latest: Mar 2nd 2019, 7:39pm)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "aawolf" (Aug 19th 2015, 2:35am)

_J4ckD4niel_

• "_J4ckD4niel_" is male

Sunday, September 6th 2015, 11:22am

Hello aawolf,

you copy the whole mod file out of your file on the computer (\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods). You upload the whole file via FileZilla. The file is called for example 123456789 and you write exact this numbers into the column "Active Mods (IDs)" or when it's a Total Conversion Mod, then in the column "Total Conversion Mod ID" of your webinterface. After this you start your server again.

Kind Regards,
_J4ckD4niel_ | Daniel

Nickster69

User / Kunde

Saturday, September 12th 2015, 9:47pm

i still dont understand how to properly install these mods. i got to the part where i upload the files and putr the id for Total Conversion Mod and active mods but everytime i join no mod. its my 3rd day trying to figure this out and im not getting an support from no one from nitrado....

sirflabo

User / Kunde

Sunday, September 13th 2015, 2:26pm

I was having trouble with this until I managed to piece parts of advice together to find out how to do it. This is my guide on how to install and run mods:

Turn your Server Off - You may only need to reset it afterwards but I turn it off for good measure
1. Go to steam workshop
2. Go to what ever mod you like
3. Click the green subscribe button
4. Make sure it's downloaded (there should be a progress bar at the bottom center of steam client)
5. Launch the game (most mods i've seen need the game to be launched before they'll be put in your mod folder)
6. Go to your mod folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods)
7. ^ Keep it open as you'll need it for the next part
8. Download FileZilla (https://filezilla-project.org/)
9. Install and run it
10. Fill in all the details that Nitrado sent you in the initial/confirmation email (Host+Username+Password+Port)
11. When logged in successfully, your folder should show on the bottom right hand corner
12. Double click on the folder (May take a few seconds to process) Arkse -> Shootergame -> Content -> Mods
13. Select all the FOLDERS and FILES (.mod docs - I use VLC media player and to me they show up as orange cones) that you want in your game
^^^^^(Tip: The Folder and File named: 496735411 is a total conversion mod and is pretty huge, don't include this unless you want to be waiting for ages for the transfer)
14. Drag ALL of them into the same bottom right hand box in the FileZilla program
15. This should then automatically send your mod files to the game server's mod folder, it may take a while and the progress will be shown.
16. Once all the files have been transferred - you should receive confirmation on the top text box of filezilla and the queue should be empty proceed to the next step
17. Go nitrado.com, log in, go to My Services, under webinterface click the rectangle with an arrow in it (this should take you to webinterface, if more text appears instead, just click the option that says webinterface)
18. From here (you should be in your dashboard), go to the top of the webpage where it says NITRADO, to the left are three options, a Speedo, Server and Ark: Survival Evolved.
19. Click on Server and then click on the Settings option.
20. Under Base Settings headline, go to Active Mods (IDs). All the mods you transferred through filezilla should be listed here with their names and IDs (e.g. GateMod (489596581))
21. Just put in the IDs of all the mods you want in your server with commas separating them (e.g. 479929837,501809686,479295136,506506101,497086514)
^^^^^(Tip: Pay careful attention to your mod's description as this may influence what mods will work together or the "PRIORITY" they need to be put in. Priority refers to the order (Left to Right = High to Low)
22. Click the green Save Changes button on the same page (Bottom right hand corner)
23. Wait a few minutes for good measure (3 should be fine)
24. Turn your server on (or if you're a rebel click restart server)
25. Wait, it can take a while for the server to boot back up. It's taken me 5-60m, it seems totally variable but it shouldn't take longer than an hour!
26. Jump on your server - if you get kicked out and are left with the message to make sure all your mods are running up to date versions, then you will need to trial and error which mod is the problem and remove it from your mod list (In the Server -> Settings menu).
27. Profit :D

bombaklat

User / Kunde

Sunday, September 13th 2015, 10:42pm

That's an awesome guide. Thank you for that!

Darlow21

User / Kunde

Friday, March 4th 2016, 2:38am

Grate guide really helps me as I've only just started my own sever Thanks heaps

Elvis_SLO

User / Kunde

Friday, March 4th 2016, 7:42am

@aawolf - be carefull with Vanilla with Sprinkles MOD (we run it on our server too). This is a great MOD (don't get me wrong), but it was last updated on 8 Oct, 2015 @ 10:05am. So, it's not current with the core ARK game updates, and there are issues (like with new Industrial Forge, which will disappear and be replaced by MOD Industrial Forge at server reset, Fabricator and Smithy MOD items will also disappear at server reset, so you need to constantly build them). Further on, it changes core game files (it's not green puzzle MOD), so you can't take it down without total wipe of the server.
In short, it's a good MOD but just a heads up :)
I'm not from Nitrado, just trying to help 8)
Add your server IP and name, so it is easier to help you, and / or update your post if the problem has been resolved :)

EvilPeppard

User / Kunde

• "EvilPeppard" is male

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 7:34pm

You can also just refer to the Nitradi wiki for installing mods: https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/Install_mods…_Evolved_server

Very simple and straight forward. Hope this helps others.

NitradomanV2

User / Kunde

Saturday, November 4th 2017, 12:22pm

first priority

And how do you give a mod (example extinction core) first priority

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Tuesday, November 7th 2017, 9:06pm

You put the mod id first in order at the top.

Be careful thought as there are 'green' and 'yellow/core' mods.
Green are typically stackable.
Yellow/Core are modifications to the core code and you really shouldn't have 2 yellow mods running. Some may actually work, but they are not supported.

And always, do a full back up cause some installation of mods will corrupted your savedfile and that will suck.
.:Nitrado Forum Volunteer:.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
(250+ Atlas hrs, 3000+ ARK hrs, 200+ Conan hrs)
Server hosting, Config edits, Player/Gamer
Steam: CyberGameZone
Owner/Founder of CyberGameZone / CyberGameZone.com
CyberGameZone est. yr2000
**Nitrado Partner**

Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net| Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net