You are not logged in.

• Login
Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net | Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net

Dear visitor, welcome to Nitrado.net Prepaid Gameserver Community-Support - Archiv. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Idiocide

User / Kunde

• "Idiocide" started this thread

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 1:00am

Conan Exiles Whitelist

There doesnt seem to be a place to set a whitelist, either in game or in the nitrado control center.

My server is full, and i do not want to increase the size, but i want to make sure that my RL friends can actually use it.

_MRS777_

User / Kunde

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 12:03pm

Good afternoon,

in the settings of your gameserver (under "General") you can set a server password for your server. So you can prevent players which do not know the password from playing on your gameserver.

Greets,
Marvin Schubert

Idiocide

User / Kunde

• "Idiocide" started this thread

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 12:50pm

Yeah, but the problem is, I actually DO WANT players I do not know to play on the server. I just want to make sure that when me and my friends want to play we are given priority. Whitelisting is a very common practice on unofficial servers.

_MRS777_

User / Kunde

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 1:48pm

Good afternoom,

oh, sorry for misleading your issue. Right now there is no possibility to add a whitelist or adding specific users specific permissions to join the server, even if the server has reached the maximum players.
Maybe we wait and keep an eye on upcoming updates of the game. Keep in mind, that this game is not even 72h old.

Greets,
Marvin Schubert

tickthegeek

User / Kunde

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 2:39am

Yeah, but the problem is, I actually DO WANT players I do not know to play on the server. I just want to make sure that when me and my friends want to play we are given priority. Whitelisting is a very common practice on unofficial servers.
How are people getting this misunderstanding of 'whitelist' ?... The term has been around for many many years...

Google it - Whitelist/Blacklist: "A whitelist is a list or register of entities that are being provided a particular privilege, service, mobility, access or recognition. Entities on the list will be accepted, approved and/or recognized. Whitelisting is the reverse of blacklisting, the practice of identifying entities that are denied, unrecognised, or ostracised."

Whitelist is 'access granted' while Blacklist is 'access denied'. These are the meanings of those terms, been around at least a decade and a half.

The term you are looking for is 'priority slots' or 'reserved slots' which is when you reserve several slots for specific players to use, this also has been around for some time.

Only pointing this out because for some reason, lots of people are running around asking for whitelist, when they want reserved slots. If you order a cheeseburger and expected a burrito it causes confusion, plus it doesn't make the OP look very well versed in words and terms.

TheLazyTyrant

User / Kunde

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 7:53am

How are people getting this misunderstanding of 'whitelist' ?... The term has been around for many many years...

Google it - Whitelist/Blacklist: "A whitelist is a list or register of entities that are being provided a particular privilege, service, mobility, access or recognition. Entities on the list will be accepted, approved and/or recognized. Whitelisting is the reverse of blacklisting, the practice of identifying entities that are denied, unrecognised, or ostracised."

Whitelist is 'access granted' while Blacklist is 'access denied'. These are the meanings of those terms, been around at least a decade and a half.

The term you are looking for is 'priority slots' or 'reserved slots' which is when you reserve several slots for specific players to use, this also has been around for some time.

Only pointing this out because for some reason, lots of people are running around asking for whitelist, when they want reserved slots. If you order a cheeseburger and expected a burrito it causes confusion, plus it doesn't make the OP look very well versed in words and terms.
Do you think you just helped him by correcting him. everyone knew what he was talking about. i only say it because what you just did makes you come across like you enjoy correcting people. i mean its like you come here for advice and some one throws a burrito at you.

tickthegeek

User / Kunde

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 4:34pm

Do you think you just helped him by correcting him. everyone knew what he was talking about. i only say it because what you just did makes you come across like you enjoy correcting people. i mean its like you come here for advice and some one throws a burrito at you.

Think of it this way, if he's looking for a server that allows 'priority slots' by searching for 'whitelist' he'll not easily find what he is looking for. So in that respect, yes, it does help.

No I don't make a point of going around correcting people - I found this thread searching for 'whitelist' for conan as the term is normally used, thus it resulted in two problems:
1) People looking for 'whitelist' information will find garbles of 'priority slot' topics and will not find what they are looking for.
2) People looking for 'priority slots' while calling it 'whitelist' will not find what they are looking for.

It was only in the intent to help all find what they are looking for.

TheLazyTyrant

User / Kunde

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 7:37pm

bro i was just putting my 20 p in :) lol ok maybe i was wrong. sorry mate

Think of it this way, if he's looking for a server that allows 'priority slots' by searching for 'whitelist' he'll not easily find what he is looking for. So in that respect, yes, it does help.

No I don't make a point of going around correcting people - I found this thread searching for 'whitelist' for conan as the term is normally used, thus it resulted in two problems:
1) People looking for 'whitelist' information will find garbles of 'priority slot' topics and will not find what they are looking for.
2) People looking for 'priority slots' while calling it 'whitelist' will not find what they are looking for.

tickthegeek

User / Kunde

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 8:08pm

bro i was just putting my 20 p in :) lol ok maybe i was wrong. sorry mate

haha no need to apologize, but I read my post (which I made a bit late in the evening) and figured I could elaborate on why it was posted. Much love bud :)

Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net| Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net