You are not logged in.

• Login
Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net | Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net

Dear visitor, welcome to Nitrado.net Prepaid Gameserver Community-Support - Archiv. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Meowsters

User / Kunde

• "Meowsters" started this thread

Saturday, April 16th 2016, 5:40pm

Less than 24 hours and Im done

I paid for your services less than 24 hours ago and here is the result of the past couple of hours.

Purchased an Empyrion game server as the game owners are saying its the official hosters of the game.

So lets start.

Signed up paid got into my dashboard setup all the settings pretty simple clicked save restarted the server well take a look......

Went to my new shiny dashboard

Changed a few settings - dont worry these are not the actual server settings or the password

Restarted the server.

Server restarted but wait where is the Server Name????

Ah well might be just a bug we have an ip and a port lets copy them down

Lets Log into Empryion

Multiplayer, lets add the server into the Direct ip and port box at the bottom

Nearly there..... Lets Connect

wooo we are online but wait whats this in my console window we have started on the correct planet but wait didnt I put a seed into the settings for the server..... lets find out

ah yes we did put a seed in and well its just dont work it just logs everyone in with a seed of 0 none of the menus work (H button) we are in creative mode the world is empty apart from a few trees our inventorys are empty so at this moment in time its useless.

now what do you think I did, I made a post in the Server Support section of the forums and well today this is what happened.

Went to have a look at my post and saw there was no replys so I thought I would replay with a few more details but this then happened.

we can see the Empryion thread I made at the top of the support forum

Lets reply... wait I have been logged out...strange.

Lets login...

WT? so now I cant even replay to my own post..... or even start another one

So.... my new server dont work, the settings get ignored and the server status screen does not display the server name, we log into game and the server has not set any settings at all, I then cant log into my own post or the gameserver support forum to created a new post so I have had to post it in here instead.

Can anyone actually help me?

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Meowsters" (Apr 16th 2016, 5:56pm)

Cra2ytig3r

User / Kunde

Sunday, April 17th 2016, 5:52am

if you get a fix for this please post it. I having the same problem!

mauzao9

User / Kunde

Sunday, April 17th 2016, 3:46pm

Haven't ran into that.

My issue with the Empyrion server is the awful abomination of quality, certainly on Nitrado's network side, where while resources and pings are good, the connection can be lost during minutes in a row, not even fixed by restarting the server.

Meowsters

User / Kunde

Sunday, April 17th 2016, 7:04pm

Empyrion FIX

OK this is what I did

In your steam folder on you pc the open empyrium and in there is the dedicated.yml, EmpyrionDedicated_NoGraphics.cmd and EmpyrionDedicated.cmd

# Dedicated server settings
# To use your own dedicated.yaml (e.g., "MyDedicatedConfig.yaml"), add "-dedicated MyDedicatedConfig.yaml" to the corresponding batch file

Quoted

ServerConfig:
Srv_Port: 30000
Srv_Name: yourservername
Srv_Password: yourpassword
# Srv_MaxPlayers: 4 # make sure you put how many player depending on your payment to nitrado
# Srv_ReservePlayfields: 2 # Idle playfield servers held in reserve. For busy public servers, we recommend at least 2 (default = 1)

# Server description shown in Server Browser
# max 127 chars: "-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
# Srv_Description: "Server info, can contain bold text or a link."

# All playfield servers will be automatically stopped every <n> real time hours. Players will get some warning messages before
# Srv_StopPeriod: 48

# Tel_Enabled: true # Activate telnet server
# Tel_Port: 30004
# Tel_Pwd: Abc

# EACActive: false
# SaveDirectory: Saves

GameConfig:
GameName: mysave # Determines name of the save game
Mode: Survival # Survival or Creative
Seed: 1414114 # The seed determines how the world is procedurally generated - the same seed means the same world

# Note: All times are given in real time hours, 1h real time = approx. 24h in game
DecayTime: 2 # Time after which player-built structures without core or less than 10 blocks get removed when not visited
WipeTime: 0 # Time after which any player-built structures get removed when not visited (0 = disabled)
ProtectTime: 48 # Time during which structures are offline protected

MaxStructures: 64 # Max number of structures per playfield (limit = 100, reduce on performance problems)
AntiGriefDistance: 30 # PvE: distance (in m) around a faction's base where no other faction's base can be built
ok It wouldnt all fit in the box anyways i suggest copying the files to your desktop for ease and editing

1.Edit the dedicated.yaml and rename it to woteveryouwantdedicated.yaml

2 Edit the EmpyrionDedicated_NoGraphics.cmd and EmpyrionDedicated.cmd

adding ad the line: start EmpyrionDedicated.exe -force-d3d9 -logFile Logs\Dedicated_%UDT%.log woteveryouwantdedicated.yaml

3. now goto nitrado dashboard and in Settings > Tools > File Browser

Open your Empyrion folder it will look just like the one in your steam folder

rename:

dedicated.yaml to dedicated.yaml_bkup

EmpyrionDedicated_NoGraphics.cmd to EmpyrionDedicated_NoGraphics.cmd_bkup

EmpyrionDedicated.cmd to EmpyrionDedicated.cmd_bkup

4. now upload your 3 files you just edited

5. restart your server

the server will load run your EmpyrionDedicated_NoGraphics.cmd and then in turn it will read from woteveryouwantdedicated.yaml

ignore what the server window says and now go and load up Empyrion goto multiplayer and locate your server log in and away you go.

I hope this helped its just got mine and my friends server online.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Meowsters" (Apr 17th 2016, 7:52pm)

Cra2ytig3r

User / Kunde

Monday, April 18th 2016, 3:34am

Well got mine fixed! Was user error. If you edit your sectors file wrong, nothing will work.

BowenM

User / Kunde

Monday, April 18th 2016, 1:15pm

Nitrado Please say this is a problem u all can fix.

Haven't ran into that.

My issue with the Empyrion server is the awful abomination of quality, certainly on Nitrado's network side, where while resources and pings are good, the connection can be lost during minutes in a row, not even fixed by restarting the server.
I too have this problem this occurred all day yesterday and still doing it this morning. I hope this is something Nitrado can fix. Very disappointed with Nitrado's service so far.

edwinncollazo

User / Kunde

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 6:30pm

Well at least you guys got this far. My server has been stuck "restarting" for the past 24 hours...

Meowsters

User / Kunde

Sunday, April 24th 2016, 10:14pm

I was going to upgrade my server to 16 people but now im gettin gconnection to serv lost constantly and friends are dropping out so am going to rent elsewhere I need something stable and unfortunatly this aint it.

Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net| Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net