You are not logged in.

• Login
Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net | Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net

Redmantis

User / Kunde

• "Redmantis" started this thread

Tuesday, January 8th 2019, 5:16pm

Sales Questions

I have a few questions before ordering.

Do you have custom maps for 2x2 setups that can be pre installed?
When I order a 2x2 is it automatically linked together or do you have to contact support to fix it?
Can I add my own config setup?

Thanks

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Tuesday, January 8th 2019, 5:35pm

Hello,

No, you have access creating your own map with the editor. Sites are already popping up offering custom maps. WE even had a forum thread offering folks to share, but we decide to pull it. You shouldnt share config files. Map files are part of the server config. So if you share, you also share your configs with others.

If you purchase a single server which is a 1x1, by default it is Grid A1, freeport. Which btw you can place claim flags.
If you add an expansion server which would add another 1x1 you can choose to connect with A2, B1, or B2. Just use the SharedKey in the WebUI provided.
So if you want a 2x2, it is 4 servers. 1 core, + 3 expansion.

To go further, say you got 2 servers, and you have a friend also with Nitrado and they have 2. One of you will have to decide who will be the core, and the other person needs to convert their core as an expansion and would have to contract Nitrado Support for the conversion. Atm, the WebUI does not allow that conversion, and the webUI is not ready for a full wipe of a server. Another forum post covers this. Also your friends server needs to be in the same data center. This helps with the lag that you would experience going from grid to grid.

All the above info is what I have personally experience when setting up mine.

If you wanted more than a 2x2 grid, you would need to contact Nitrado Support to increase your cluster page from what I heard. Default you only see a 2x2.
.:Nitrado Forum Volunteer:.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
(250+ Atlas hrs, 3000+ ARK hrs, 200+ Conan hrs)
Server hosting, Config edits, Player/Gamer
Steam: CyberGameZone
Owner/Founder of CyberGameZone / CyberGameZone.com
CyberGameZone est. yr2000
**Nitrado Partner**

Redmantis

User / Kunde

Tuesday, January 8th 2019, 5:50pm

Thanks for answering my questions I have a few more.

Is it very hard to customize your own map with the grid builder?
If I get 6 servers for 14 players each is that a 3x3 or 3x2 grid?
Is there an interface to add custom settings like 2x exp things like that?

Thanks

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Tuesday, January 8th 2019, 6:05pm

Well, for the map editor it depends who you ask. ;) and how far you want to go with it.
If someone follows the wiki exactly you will be able to at least add islands with no problem. From others posts some are having a challenge. But other Community folks have provided some Youtube video links to help. You are on your own for the most part with the map editor. I learned it, and was successful after a couple hours. I am still trying to learn and work on the 'discoveries'. You dont have to have those though. You can easily drop in an island, following instructions and have your own server going pretty quick. Or you can leave the default which is Tropical. NOTE: I would recommend make all your changes before you start allowing folks to play on them. Cause if you remove an island someone built, bye bye. Another recommendation- download a copy of your cluster config before you do anything. A nice WebUI allows you to do that. Make a backup of the map and cell images. The Wiki here has all of that detail.

6 servers are a 2x3 or a 3x2. a 3x3 is 9 servers. Unless Grapeshot has changed that in the last 24hrs. Things are a constant change, and everyone is learning together as things are released.

And for the WebUI, yes: atm you would have some simple server configs you can change. XP and harvesting is some of many. They are still working on the WebUI to add mcuh more. I am hoping for a "Game Engine" page like for ARK servers that modify the file. If you haven't learned or read yet, many of the existing ARK commands work for Atlas. :)

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

Redmantis

User / Kunde

Tuesday, January 8th 2019, 6:41pm

Ok I went ahead with the 2x2 for now to test it, how long does it take to get it started?
Redmantis has attached the following file:
  • 1.JPG (49.1 kB - 5 times downloaded - latest: Jan 17th 2019, 6:18pm)

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Tuesday, January 8th 2019, 7:03pm

Well, its 'Pre-order'. I am unable to provide an estimated time. Some honestly have waited for several days, and some a couple of days. The work list is still being caught up on from the holidays. I'm waiting on mine as well.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

Redmantis

User / Kunde

Tuesday, January 8th 2019, 7:14pm

I guess I should have asked that question first...

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Tuesday, January 8th 2019, 7:33pm

And with a new major update today for Atlas- will be interesting.
I know Nitrado will be on top of it. I have been with them for nearly 2yrs. I have been very well pleased overall.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

nullx3r0

User / Kunde

Thursday, January 17th 2019, 6:19pm

I have been waiting 10 days for 5 servers to expand my cluster from 2x2 to 3x3...... I would not recommend ordering from nitrado (right now especially). They cant seem to handle the influx of atlas players wanting servers.

DOAGEN

• "DOAGEN" is male

Thursday, January 17th 2019, 6:35pm

Well, they are "pre-order" just as the site says. Means they will become available when they are available.
And its dependent on the location you are asking for.

-DOA aka DOAGEN
**Nitrado Partner**

Bitte besucht unser neues Forum unter https://forum.nitrado.net| Please visit our new Forum at https://forum.nitrado.net